Meet Sunday at 12midday near Grange Cross
Drop off Google Map Link https://goo.gl/maps/aYyZ38oFJp4bWdZe9
Collection from the Foy Centre Carlingford at 3pm
Pick UpGoogle Map Link https://goo.gl/maps/ieGjPVnpPGepq1t46
In line with government and Scouting Ireland guidance
- Social Distancing of 2 metres required.
- Strict hand hygiene protocols must be followed.
- Must adhere to cough and sneeze etiquette
- A contact tracing log must be maintained for all meetings and activities.
- Car sharing from separate households is not permitted.
- All scouters and parents/ guardians of youth members are required to complete a health questionnaire prior to attending any meeting or activity.
- Parents and Scouts must read return to scouting document
***Must be completed to attend on Sunday***
👉🏻 Health Questionaire
***Scouts and Parents must read this document***
👉🏻Buíon Setanta 5th Louth, Louth Scout County Return to Scouting
***Please Complete Annual Registration Form***
👉🏻Activities Consent Form
Our priority is to scout safely, Please consider we have members of our scout troop who are in the high-risk category.
Gear List – packed into small schoolbag sized rucksack
- Face Mask
- Hand Sanitiser
- Raincoat with Hood
- Waterproof Trousers
- Spare trouser
- Warm Hoodie / Jumper / Fleece
- extra Socks
- Woolly Hat
- Hiking Boots
- Water Bottle
- Lunch and snacks
- Personal first aid kit (small container with plasters, antiseptic, etc)
- Bivvi bag/survival bag
Buíon Setanta Summer Camp Apart 2020
Gold – 10 -12 Challenges
Silver 6 – 9 Challenges
Bronze 3- 5 Challenges
- Sketch map of your route to the scout hall – http://scoutteam.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Sketch-Map.pdf
- Rain gear challenge, get fully dressed for hike including hiking boots. Video and time yourself putting your full rain gear on including trousers and jacket with hood.
- Take a walk/ hike to a historic or significant site – take a selfie and write a short log
- Create a piece of art from natural objects – this could be beach art or a stone stack https://www.pinterest.ie/gmaulv/andy-goldsworthy-style-middle-school-group-art-pro/
- Pitch a tent and sleep in it (we have tents we can loan get in touch)
- Plan a menu for a themed camp – chose A Africa, B Australia C South Pole https://chuckwagoneer.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/menu_planning_worksheet_sm.pdf
- Cook one meal from your menu
- Design a patrol banner for your chosen theme https://scoutdocs.ca/Documents/Patrol_flags.pdf
- Build a bivvy and sleep in it http://scoutteam.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Bivvy-Scouter-Adult-Version.pdf
- Light a fire (bonus do it with Flint and steel) Scouting Trail Page 141 http://www.29thdublin.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/The-Scouting-Trail.pdf
- Cook a meal without implements on your fire (see link above)
- Carve a spoon – Scouting Trail Page 278 http://www.29thdublin.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/The-Scouting-Trail.pdf
- Find some edible fruits and berries that are found in nature https://originaloutdoors.co.uk/wild-food-directory/
Please complete your tasks by 10th August and send your details/images to Sarah