Buíon Setanta Scout Section Summer Camp Lough Dan – 31st July to 6th August 2016
Meet at The Den at 9.45am Sunday 31st July. Please wear warm layers. Take a large packed lunch & drink. Please ensure you have everything on the gear list.
The scouts should have a maximum pocket money of €25 (coins if possible). Please have this in a money bag with the scouts name and amount ready to be handed up to the camp bank.
Any medication should be bagged and labelled with name and instructions and handed up to the leaders.
We would prefer if scouts could leave valuables at home. We will collect all mobile phones/ipods etc. and allow scouts to have them in each evening.
Pick up from Den at approx 4pm Saturday 6th August 2016
in a Large rucksack plus small backpack for day activities
- Sleeping bag
- Foam sleeping mat
- Raincoat with hood
- Waterproof trousers
- 4 x Spare trousers/shorts
- 2 x Warm jumper/hoodie/fleece
- 3 x T shirts
- Woolly hat
- Hiking boots
- Full scout uniform (shirt, trousers, belt)
- Mess kit (Plate, bowl, cup, cutlery, tea towel) – all labelled with name, plastic or metal only.
- Water bottle (500ml or 1L)
- Torch & batteries
- Personal first aid kit (plasters, wipes etc)
- Wash kit & towels (1 large, 1 small)
- Bivvi bag
- Swimwear (plus old runner for the lake)
- NB: Sun cream, high protection e.g. factor 30+